Do you know how to measure he passing of time? Well, you can do it with the sun and a sundial, or with an hourglass, or with the moon with its different quarters…
In Psalm 104, verse 19, we read, “(You ) God made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to set.”
In some countries, you can even still find people who don’t know how to tell the time with a watch or a clock, not to mention a stopwatch.
In God’s Word, the Bible, you can also read, “But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.” 2 Peter 3:8
– Starting in February, continuing into March and now in April, many countries of the world have been the victim of a highly dangerous virus: Covid-19.
Most world leaders decided to close schools, churches and other places of worship, because they had to make sure that lots of people did not get sick at the same time. The hospitals are full and medical staff are overloaded.
Many children are becoming bored with being at home all the time.They can’t play with their friends, except on the internet (if they have access to it).
– What will happen in July and August? Will there be summer camps, or any holidays at all?
– We have already had to cancel several trips to other countries.
– All the things we normally do are changing. How can we plan?
– There is one thing it is good to remember:God it the Eternal One! Not us. God’s timing does not always fit with what we want.
In the first part of the Bible, it says, “A man may have many plans in his heart. But the LORD’s purpose wins out in the end.” Proverbs 19:21
So, be patient, and trust in God.
…And why not ask someone to help you make a sundial?!